Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year

2009 has treated our family very well...we welcomed a another baby boy, became members of our church, started a new business, John was promoted and the list can go on and on. I hate New Year resolutions as I feel they are a bit cliche' but a new year can mean new beginnings. So for 2010 I am going to make some commitments for myself.



1. I am going to get fit by changing my lifestyle. I'm not going to crash diet and just try to lose weight but I am going to live a healthier life. I want my kids to live a healthy life and I need to be their role model. My ultimate goal is to lose about 70 pounds. I have started another blog to track my journey and hold myself accountable. Please follow it as it helps to know people are checking in on me! :) And encouragement never hurts either! lol



2. I am going to make my marriage a priority. John and I have a very healthy relationship but it kind of gets put to the side when you have 3 young children. I am going to make it a point to have date nights...even if that means we only go out for coffee.



3. I am going to follow through with my photography business. I am going to fill out the necessary paper work to get my dba and get a business checking account and all of the other fun stuff that goes along with a business. My goal for the first six months of this year is to build my portfolio and gain the necessary experience to call my self a professional photographer.



4. I am going to have more fun with my kids. I am going to get down on the floor and play more games and build more towers. I am going to take them to the park more. I am going to get out the paints more often and let them create things. I am going to take time to be a kid myself.



5. I am going to continue to build my relationship with God and continue to teach His word to my children. I am going to get our family more involved in the church and do more church activities.



6. I am going to spend less time in front of the computer and TV and enjoy life.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You should consider MOPS, it is a great way to help meet more Christain freinds that live in your area.